Have you been left with a scar following an accident or injury? Perhaps it doesn’t bother you all that much but you’d simply like to lessen its appearance?
The Cica-Care Silicone Gel Sheet 12cm x 6cm can help. A patented, technically advanced form of silicone gel sheet for scar care, it’s durable, comfortable and re-usable. If that wasn’t enough, it’s suitable for day and night use, as well.
If your children have been left with a scar, you’ll be pleased to discover they can use these sheets too. Ideal for use by the whole family, Cica-Care is beneficial for scars up to 20 years old. In fact, you could see an improvement in your scar or mark within just two to four months.
With a non-adherent outer silicone membrane, the product has been medically proven in patient trials to be effective in up to 90% of cases by flattening, softening and fading red and raised scars. The good thing is these are not too fiddly to use, either. Soft, comfortable and easy to apply, they can be cut to size to fit most scars and can be pressed onto even the most awkward locations – including ear lobes and chest areas.
For the management of hypertrophic and keloid scars, this product may even prevent the formation of new lesions.
No Ingredients data available
Cica-Care Silicone Gel Sheet 12cm x 6cm -
- Wash hands before and after use.
- Gently clean the scar and surrounding skin with a mild soap and rinse in clean warm water. Thoroughly dry the scar and surrounding skin.
- Remove gel sheet from tray.
- Cut gel sheet, to fit scar size, with a small overlap over the surrounding skin.
- Remove printed plastic sheet.
- Apply gel sheet, adhesive side to the scar, without stretching. If necessary a light bandage can be used to keep Cica-Care in place.
- For first two days use Cica-Care for 4 hours per day.
- For next two days use Cica-Care for 8 hours per day.
- Continue to increase wear time by 2 hours per day until a minimum of 12 hours per day is reached. If possible Cica-Care should be worn 24 hours per day.
- Wash Cica-Care the scar and surrounding skin, at least once a day with mild soap and rinse in clean warm water.
- Dry with a cloth towel.
- When Cica-Care begins to wear or cleaning is difficult, it should be replaced. This usually occurs after 14-28 day intervals. When used correctly the best results are seen after 2-4 months.
Caution before using the Cica-Care Silicone Gel Sheet:
- Cica-Care is contra-indicated for patients with complicating medical factors which would make them unable to use the dressing properly and in patients with dermatological conditions which disrupt the integrity of the skin in areas of coverage.
- Do not use on open or infected wounds.
- Do not use on skin currently affected by acne.
- Follow instructions for use carefully.
- Do not use unless skin surrounding the scar or closed wound is normal.
- Do not use with ointments or creams under the gel sheet.
- In some patients a rash has been observed on the scar and surrounding skin. Should a rash occur, reduce Cica-Care therapy time to 12 hours on, 12 hours off. If the rash persists discontinue use and consult your physician or medical advisor.
- On surgical incisions, use Cica-Care only after sutures have been removed.
You should carefully read all product packaging and labels prior to use
- Delivery & Returns
We aim to deliver orders within 3-5 working days to the shipping address provided by you in your order if the shipping address is in the UK. For orders being delivered outside mainland UK, this will be longer and we cannot give a guaranteed delivery time due to the differences between carriers. Delivery timescales are estimates only. If you do not receive your order within 14 days of us confirming your order has been sent you must notify us and we will investigate the non-delivery provided. Orders from outside the UK have varied delivery charges, depending on the particular country. Please note that in some instances you may be required to answer product related questions from our Pharmacist as part of the checkout process. Failiure to answer these will cause delays. Please allow extra time for Pharmacy approved products.
Delivery charges for orders outside the UK will vary.
Express UK Delivery
Please note that Express delivery is only available on orders placed before 1pm (GMT) Monday to Friday in the UK. After 1pm we cannot guarantee express delivery, even if it has been selected. Please note that this is not a guaranteed next day service, but is an expedited delivery option. Products which need to be approved by a pharmacist are not suitable for express delivery.
We hope you will be happy with any items you’ve ordered from us, but if you’re not entirely satisfied, you’ll find details of our returns policy on the link below.
Delivery outside of the EU
Please note that certain medicines and medical devices sold on this website cannot be purchased if you live outside of the European Union.
Please visit our Delivery & Returns page for more information.